About Social Group Work
Our Social Group Work Training and Consulting Services help agency staff, from direct service to management, learn how to harness the maximum human potential of any group. We teach practice principles and strategies based on professional theories including mutual aid, group development, empowerment, and group purpose. Thematic Workshops allow you to focus on a particular area of working with a group, while our Method Training Program focuses on developing skills for working with any group from the playroom to the boardroom. For agencies interested in creating or enhancing an infrastructure that supports effective group work, we also offer Q&A sessions.
Social group work principles:
- Offer an approach to group work that is holistic, strength centered, and empowering
- Enhance your skill at catalyzing mutual aid
- Increase your skill at helping people to problem solve
- Increase your skill at helping people to deal with difference and conflict
- Show you how to transfer the weight of success from your shoulders to those of the collective membership
- Teach you how to measure the success of your interventions
Why does THE PROJECT focus on team conferencing and social group work?
Because they are interrelated. The way we do it, team conferencing utilizes principles of social group work to help staff collaborate on plans for children to succeed. And as they do that, they also learn the principles of collaborative problem solving. In the end, as they enhance their capacity to find solutions through team conferences, they also increase their ability to collaborate effectively in putting those solutions to work.