About Team Conferences
Through our Team Conferencing Services, we help you to develop structured interdisciplinary group meetings in which staff members exchange essential information about and observations of young people, share practices, provide mutual support, and plan strategies to help young people succeed. Team Conferences:
- Build a community of learners in which staff reflect on their practice
- Focus on participating youth and yield tangible plans of action
- Strengthen team work by encouraging a shared understanding of program purpose, goals and values
- Ensure that the critical needs of children are ‘noticed’ and addressed
- Enable staff to respond effectively to children’s different learning, communication, and social styles
Why does THE PROJECT focus on team conferencing and social group work?
Because they are interrelated. The way we do it, team conferencing utilizes principles of social group work to help staff collaborate on plans for children to succeed. And as they do that, they also learn the principles of collaborative problem solving. In the end, as they enhance their capacity to find solutions through team conferences, they also increase their ability to collaborate effectively in putting those solutions to work.