The Benefits of Team Conferences
How do Team Conferences benefit the children,
teenagers and families whom we serve?
When the staff team works together well, program participants:
- Hear a unified and clear messages from the team;
- Are linked to the resources and services they need;
- Understand agency values;
- Understand expectations;
- Develop healthier relationships with staff;
- Are noticed…are not overlooked. Can get help for the things that are difficult to talk about…that some other staffs might side-step.
How do Team Conferences benefit the host organization?
Team Conferences often result in the following:
- the mission, goals and objectives of the agency are clarified;
- agency’s values are examined from the front-lines perspective;
- agency and program policies are questioned and or clarified; in some instances, the need for a new policy is realized and communicated to administration; and
- an agency culture of professional development is established.