Team Conferencing (Introduction)
(SAMPLE) Teams participate in one (2-hour) pre-conference planning/design session, and eight (8) or more 2.5 hour conferences; Optional: your staff (one or more) are trained to assume team conferencing, receiving intensive supervision, training and follow-up support (12 hours).
This long-term training immerses staff in team conferences that focus immediately on individual young people in your program.
- Team conferencing is established as a standard protocol in your school/agency
- Staff are helped to customize all conference tools to your program and client population
- Staff build deepened relationships with youth; increased reflection and intentional practice; and effective problem-solving and critical thinking about the issues that concern youth
- Teams become more cohesive as members help each other to improve their practices with youth
- (Optional). One or more staff are trained to facilitate conferences